Thursday, March 10, 2016

PowerShell Script with full path

One of those banging your head one the wall problems today, with trying to run a PS script that I needed to supply the full path and where the path had spaces.

PS C:\>C:\My Scripts\My PowerShell.ps1

Now I knew that wouldn't work, but tried it anyway. Get the error

The term 'C:\My' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

So I think, ok, let's wrap in quotes. That'll work

PS C:\>"C:\My Scripts\My PowerShell.ps1"

But nothing. No error, no nothing...hmmm

Some Googling later, as with PS scripts that don't need a space, you need to pre-fix with .\, if they are wrapped in quotes, you need to prefix with '&' (obviously). I expect it is obvious to those that work in PS all the time, but I don't...

So the command I was really looking for is

PS C:\>& "C:\My Scripts\My PowerShell.ps1"

No comments:

Post a Comment